Face Shield-Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Transparent, reusable visor with adjustable, vertical inclination mechanism.
The face shield consists of:
- A transparent plastic visor made of PET material, that covers the face.
- A plastic head crown consisting of three separate pieces made of PP material (polypropylene).
Advantages of the face shield:
- Since it has a satisfactory distance from the face, it allows for adequate ventilation. Therefore, the visor does not fog up when breathing. The parallel use of a disposable face mask with goggles is possible (and advisable for extra protection).
- The shield has a ratchet-wheel mechanism for vertical inclination of the visor. The frame comes in many different colors.
- The face shield is reusable, and it can be easily cleaned with soap and water or common household liquid disinfectants and antiseptic wipes.
- The face shield is comfortable to wear and prevents micro-droplets from reaching the mucous membranes. It also reduces the risk of self-infection by preventing the user from touching the face with his/her hands.
- The user can easily breathe wearing the face shield. The shield can be used in combination with another PPE.
- The use of facial shields is a means of maintaining social distancing, without reducing proximity nor the visual field.
- The use of face shields significantly reduces infection from many other airborne viruses such as influenza.
* Made in Greece
The face shield offers additional protection not only to medical staff but to employees in all work fields.
Besides hospitals, its use is also indicated in dental clinics, in chemical and food industry, in public agencies and in schools. The face shield can protect and benefit anyone.
NOTE: It is of paramount importance to clean the face shield regularly either with soap and water or with disinfectants.
When a person speaks, he/she disperses small particles in the air. COVID-19 can be transmitted by both large and small droplets (aerosol transmission). Epidemiological data show that the main mode of transmission is through these droplets that reach the mucous membranes (nose, mouth, eyes).
The Use of a face shield by the general population is necessary to effectively reduce the transmission of the virus.
CAUTION: The use of the shield alone doesn not provide 100% protection against viruses such as COVID-19.